APH 2012 Annual Conference—Turning Points
Robert D. Joyce Scholarship Fund
Bob Joyce passed away in August 2009. Bob will always be a part of our APH history. This scholarship fund was named in his honor. We remember him. We miss him.
Applicant Eligibility and Requirements
* Application must be time-stamped by midnight, July 31, 2012.
- You must be a Full Member of APH and have been so for at least one year prior to July 31, 2012.
- Previous APH scholarship recipients are ineligible.
- Email Marty Walton, APH Treasurer with a cover letter including your name and contact information. Attach a separate document with no identification information that contains an essay of up to 500 words including:
- A description of your personal history background and commitment
- A description of your long-term commitment to APH
- An explanation of your need for financial aid
- A description of how you will contribute to APH the following year (committee work, regional work, helping with the conference, etc.)
- Any other considerations you would like the committee to know about
- You must register for the conference during July, but you do not need to submit the registration fee. If you register online, complete the registration but do not make a payment.
- Email Amanda Kuhnert, APH Conference Registrar and state that you are applying for a scholarship and have not included payment with registration. If registering by mail, clearly note on the registration form that you are applying for a scholarship.
- The names of recipients will be kept confidential except to the APH Treasurer, the APH Operations Manager, and the Conference Registrar.
- Applicants will be sent an acknowledgment of their application by August 10.
- By August 31, applicants will be notified whether or not they have been awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants not granted a scholarship, who still wish to attend the conference, may pay the early registration fee rate up until September 15.
If you have any questions, email Marty Walton, APH Treasurer